MobileMobile | Continue

Excel Bar

Excel Bar

Your excel questions will be responsed by our excel experts within 24hrs.Our service is free.

Forgot Pass?
 Register Now
Find
Hot Search: Vlookup Match VBA
View: 332|Reply: 7

Mail Merge Picture Error

[Copy link]

Topics

Integral

Integral
Post on 9-30-2016 08:40:05 | All posts |Read mode
Mail Merge Picture Error
I am attempting to create a directory using mail merge in order to achieve the following outcome:

The following is the setup for my directory mail merge:

Upon completing mail merge, saving and re-opening the file, I discover the following error:
“The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location.”

I located the following assistance after searching for a resolution: (link to source here)
http://www.excelbar.com/word-forma...s-problem.html

I substituted my original picture code above with the following code suggested from source as such:

The images remain after saving and re-opening file, no errors with missing image link, but the format I desire regarding image size does not remain. I would like for the image to hold its size like in the 1st image above.
Can someone advise here, thanks.

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Conqueror

Integral
Post on 9-30-2016 10:13:59 | All posts

To control the image size, you can insert the mergefield into a single-cell table to which you apply a fixed row height and column width:
For the rows, set the exact row height under Table ToolsLayoutPropertiesRowSpecify HeightExactly.
For the columns, set the preferred column width under Table ToolsLayoutPropertiesColumns and uncheck the 'automatically resize to fit contents' option under Table ToolsLayoutPropertiesTableOptions.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 9-30-2016 11:42:53 | All posts

Thanks macropod, the above suggestion works for me. I appreciate all the great advice you give here on the forum
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 10-2-2016 13:01:12 | All posts

Thanks macropod, the above suggestion works for me. I appreciate all the great advice you give here on the forum
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 2-11-2017 11:52:03 | All posts

Using the literal text from your post...
is there a tutorial on the proper way to do a mail merge

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
Post on 2-11-2017 12:47:14 | All posts

Point taken, I just thought this site would have more detailed information not sarcasm

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 2-11-2017 13:58:14 | All posts

It's not sarcasm.
You posted a very general question best answered with a very general introduction. Otherwise you're really asking someone to take the time to lay out all the ins and outs of a mail merge without knowing your particular requirements so that is something best investigated by yourself in the first place.
If you had said I am trying to do 'x' or 'y' and my data looks like 'z' then comments on the pros and cons of each approach are possible.
This is sarcasm

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Conqueror

Integral
Post on 2-11-2017 14:54:35 | All posts

+1
Besides which, since mailmerges are usually run from Word (regardless of the datasource), the question would probably better have been asked in Word Formatting  General: http://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-m...ps-tricks.html
or:
http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...ips-amp-Tricks
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Points policy of this forum

Archiver|Mobile|Small dark house|Contact us|Excel Bar

GMT-5, 9-24-2017 21:23 , Processed in 0.206040 second(s), 20 queries .