MobileMobile | Continue

Excel Bar

Excel Bar

Your excel questions will be responsed by our excel experts within 24hrs.Our service is free.

Forgot Pass?
 Register Now
Find
Hot Search: Vlookup Match VBA
View: 286|Reply: 7

Conditional formatting en mass

[Copy link]

Topics

Integral

Integral
Post on 1-19-2017 09:00:17 | All posts |Read mode
I looked and looked so I apologize if I missed it. Is there a way to conditionally format multiple rows but have each individual row be triggered by a true or false value in said row? I'd like only a single cell to format when it's triggered not the entire selection. Thanks!!!

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 1-19-2017 09:20:02 | All posts

Would you upload a workbook and manually enter the formatting you want to end up with.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 1-19-2017 09:32:45 | All posts

I get a size error, but I'm just wanting a row to highlight when a certain cell in that row has text in it, I'm using the ISTEXT on a separate sheet. What is the way to do this to all the cells other than one by one? or am I out of luck?
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Conqueror

Integral
Post on 1-20-2017 05:39:10 | All posts

I get a size error, but I'm just wanting a row to highlight when a certain cell in that row has text in it, I'm using the ISTEXT on a separate sheet. What is the way to do this to all the cells other than one by one? or am I out of luck?

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 1-20-2017 07:19:10 | All posts

You have posted in the 'Word Formatting  General' Forum. Which application are you using and, if Word, some context for the setting of these true/false values (e.g. are they set using dropdown formfields/content controls, etc). Word does not support conditional formatting of the Excel kind unless you're applying it to an embedded Excel worksheet. Macros in Word can, however, be used to provide a similar effect in conjunction with dropdown formfields/content controls.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Conqueror

Integral
Post on 1-20-2017 08:47:13 | All posts

1.  is this a Word question or an excel question?
2.  We do not need your whole file (in fact we do NOT want your whole file), just a small enough sample so we can see the kind of data you are working with, and some sample answers to show what you want
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 1-20-2017 11:23:29 | All posts

2.  We do not need your whole file (in fact we do NOT want your whole file), just a small enough sample so we can see the kind of data you are working with, and some sample answers to show what you want
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 1-20-2017 12:56:45 | All posts

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Points policy of this forum

Archiver|Mobile|Small dark house|Contact us|Excel Bar

GMT-5, 11-20-2017 00:35 , Processed in 0.174268 second(s), 20 queries .