MobileMobile | Continue

Excel Bar

Excel Bar

Your excel questions will be responsed by our excel experts within 24hrs.Our service is free.

Forgot Pass?
 Register Now
Find
Hot Search: Vlookup Match VBA
View: 289|Reply: 7

Creating Menu or Command Bar?

[Copy link]

Topics

Integral

Integral
Post on 2-11-2017 03:38:31 | All posts |Read mode
Hello,
I am designing a game under Excel VBA.
Anytime I am trying to create or modify the menu or the Command Bar, nothing shows up under the title bar.
So I am wondering if*the Office that I am using is the right one.
I believe it is the Family release.
Should I switch to Office Professionnel instead in order to change Menu  Command Bar?
And upon my program being completed may any users be able to use my program, even if they dont have Office Professionnel ?
Thanks,
Daniel

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 2-11-2017 13:11:53 | All posts

The code each release uses is Visual Basic or a derivative thereof. Excel uses Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
For the most part, whatever you put together in your version of Excel is going to run on someone else's version (there may be a few exceptions but probably nothing that will affect your project).
Whatever issue you are experiencing with your Command Bar is most likely related to the syntax of your code.
An internet search or posting your project here to ask for assistance will eventually resolve your issues.
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 2-11-2017 16:09:37 | All posts

The code each release uses is Visual Basic or a derivative thereof. Excel uses Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
For the most part, whatever you put together in your version of Excel is going to run on someone else's version (there may be a few exceptions but probably nothing that will affect your project).
Whatever issue you are experiencing with your Command Bar is most likely related to the syntax of your code.
An internet search or posting your project here to ask for assistance will eventually resolve your issues.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 2-11-2017 16:25:25 | All posts

in Thank you, it gives me hope.
Actually, a few days ago I did post relative to my trouble with creating a Menu. I did include my code that I thought was OK.
But the Menus does not show up.
By the way I am using Office 2016. The least expensive one. Not the Family  Student release. May be that is the reason? Microsoft claims  that to create a new Menu you need to use Office Professional!!
Nobody has yet replied to my post Unsucessful creation of a new Menu.
Daniel
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 2-11-2017 19:41:59 | All posts

in Thank you, it gives me hope.
Actually, a few days ago I did post relative to my trouble with creating a Menu. I did include my code that I thought was OK.
But the Menus does not show up.
By the way I am using Office 2016. The least expensive one. Not the Family  Student release. May be that is the reason? Microsoft claims  that to create a new Menu you need to use Office Professional!!
Nobody has yet replied to my post Unsucessful creation of a new Menu.
Daniel

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 2-11-2017 20:34:05 | All posts

I apologize .. I'm using Excel 2007. Not familiar with 2016. And of course, if M$ says you can't create menu bars
in 2016, I'd go with their assessment.
They have figured out a way to earn as much $$$ as possible by creating several version and deleting major aspects
from the least expensive ones.
Just out of curiosity (and my stubbornness) I'm going to search the NET and see if someone has a workaround to create
menu bars in your version.
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 2-11-2017 23:03:20 | All posts

I apologize .. I'm using Excel 2007. Not familiar with 2016. And of course, if M$ says you can't create menu bars
in 2016, I'd go with their assessment.
They have figured out a way to earn as much $$$ as possible by creating several version and deleting major aspects
from the least expensive ones.
Just out of curiosity (and my stubbornness) I'm going to search the NET and see if someone has a workaround to create
menu bars in your version.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 2-12-2017 00:08:03 | All posts

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s2/win001.htm
https://powerspreadsheets.com/custom-excel-ribbon/
https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/b...bbon-vba-addin
http://www.dummies.com/software/micr...bbon-with-xml/

This website speaks of a MS add-in for creating your own Ribbon Tab or modifying an existing one and provides specific code examples how to get started:
http://apprize.info/microsoft/excel_2/18.html

I believe M$ is misleading the consumer for purposes of profit. If your version has the Visual Basic Editor, you can most likely create your own Ribbon Tab on the toolbar using XML. The add in mentioned above
is found at :  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=11877
Finally, if you do a net search using this query : Microsoft Ribbon Designer download for 2016  there are tons of add-ins and other website to get you started.
Best wishes !
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Points policy of this forum

Archiver|Mobile|Small dark house|Contact us|Excel Bar

GMT-5, 9-21-2017 14:35 , Processed in 0.168248 second(s), 20 queries .