MobileMobile | Continue

Excel Bar

Excel Bar

Your excel questions will be responsed by our excel experts within 24hrs.Our service is free.

Forgot Pass?
 Register Now
Find
Hot Search: Vlookup Match VBA
View: 226|Reply: 1

Linking PowerPoint Slides to an Embeded Excel File

[Copy link]

Topics

Integral

Integral
Post on 9-19-2016 06:49:24 | All posts |Read mode
I am searching for an answer regarding linking PowerPoint slides to One Embedded Excel file in the same presentation.
I want to be able to make changes to the embedded excel file on Slide 1 and have those changes reflect in the same data table on Slide 2.
Example:
Let's say I have a workbook named Financials.
I want to embed Financials into Slide 1 so that I can click into the workbook from within PowerPoint and edit the data on Sheet 1.
The data on Sheet 1 is in range A1:B6.
I would like the image of cells A1:B6 to appear on Slide 2 and automatically update as I change the data from within the embedded workbook on Slide 1.
The need for this is because I have previously used linked selections from a master excel workbook and pasted as link into PowerPoint so that all slides update automatically when I change anything in the master workbook. However, when I send this presentation externally and people need to edit the data, they cannot because all the slides have linked selections to a file that they user does not have. So if I can link those selections to an embedded workbook that stays within the PowerPoint, the user will not have that problem.
Any help is seriously appreciated!
Thanks

[b]
Last edited by The Exceller; 08-19-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Reason: Need Help!

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 1-30-2017 21:30:47 | All posts

Dslittle16, please acquaint yourself with the forum rules, you have 26 posts to date, you should be somewhat familiar with them, especially rule #1 and change your post title and ask a question instead of referring people to your file.  Thanks.
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Points policy of this forum

Archiver|Mobile|Small dark house|Contact us|Excel Bar

GMT-5, 11-18-2017 14:17 , Processed in 0.206287 second(s), 20 queries .