MobileMobile | Continue

Excel Bar

Excel Bar

Your excel questions will be responsed by our excel experts within 24hrs.Our service is free.

Forgot Pass?
 Register Now
Find
Hot Search: Vlookup Match VBA
View: 292|Reply: 5

Conditional formatting in excel/word [SOLVED]

[Copy link]

Topics

Integral

Integral
Post on 12-2-2016 11:09:08 | All posts |Read mode
I tried the wordbanter forum and got no replies.   Hope ok to post here.  I am doing mail merge from excel database and when the AGE field comes into word I toggle and wanted to add the code below but I get as far as below and all I get back is the word RED.  I wanted age data to go red if age is more than 20
Apologies if in wrong forum but I cant seem to get answers anywhere?
Steve
Below

One way to do simple formatting of this kind is to use an IF field to
insert the mergefield with one format or another, e.g. insert
{ IF { MERGEFIELD Age}  20 { MERGEFIELD Age} Red{
MERGEFIELD Age} }
then colour the second { MERGEFIELD myfield } (the one immediately after
the A) yellow.
All the {} need to be the special field code braces that you can insert
using ctrl-F9.

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 12-2-2016 18:18:33 | All posts

k11ngy, you are in the right forum. But first, we require links if you cross-post to another forum. Please provide a link to your WordBanter post.

Your post does not comply with Rule 8 of our Forum Rules: Do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.  
Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere.  We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you must provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.
Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (most other forums have the same rule).

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 12-2-2016 19:08:56 | All posts

k11ngy, you are in the right forum. But first, we require links if you cross-post to another forum. Please provide a link to your WordBanter post.

Your post does not comply with Rule 8 of our Forum Rules: Do not crosspost your question on multiple forums without including links here to the other threads on other forums.  
Cross-posting is when you post the same question in other forums on the web. The last thing you want to do is waste people's time working on an issue you have already resolved elsewhere.  We prefer that you not cross-post at all, but if you do (and it's unlikely to go unnoticed), you must provide a link (copy the url from the address bar in your browser) to the cross-post.
Read this to understand why we ask you to do this, and then please edit your first post to include links to any and all cross-posts in any other forums (most other forums have the same rule).
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Conqueror

Integral
Post on 12-3-2016 01:30:22 | All posts

This is pretty easy, actually, and once you've complied with the forum cross-posting rules, I'd be happy to tell you how.
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Conqueror

Integral
Post on 1-25-2017 09:21:23 | All posts

This is pretty easy, actually, and once you've complied with the forum cross-posting rules, I'd be happy to tell you how.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
Post on 1-25-2017 10:52:25 | All posts

Thanks for letting us know
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Points policy of this forum

Archiver|Mobile|Small dark house|Contact us|Excel Bar

GMT-5, 11-20-2017 00:38 , Processed in 0.253284 second(s), 20 queries .