MobileMobile | Continue

Excel Bar

Excel Bar

Your excel questions will be responsed by our excel experts within 24hrs.Our service is free.

Forgot Pass?
 Register Now
Find
Hot Search: Vlookup Match VBA
View: 294|Reply: 8

Unable to see the queries that are used in the access vba c

[Copy link]

Topics

Integral

Integral
Post on 12-8-2016 08:04:12 | All posts |Read mode
I m having a access macro which fetches data from tab files and save those in a .mdb files. There are some query written in the background which i am not able to see. Also those queries are  not hidden in the Acess.
Following is the snippet of a code:
stDocName = qryMakeSumTableNoDeptLevelStatD
DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit
Here there might be some query defined in qryMakeSumTableNoDeptLevelStatD which i am unable to see.
Will u please let me know the possible solution?

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 12-8-2016 09:33:48 | All posts

Go edit the query and check the input tables or query definitions.
Other than that, how you expect anyone to answer this based on the information given is beyond me.
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 12-9-2016 12:03:33 | All posts

Go edit the query and check the input tables or query definitions.
Other than that, how you expect anyone to answer this based on the information given is beyond me.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 12-9-2016 13:43:29 | All posts

Being more specific...!!
I am doing Reverse Engineering of an application where the data is fetched from the Tab files and stored in database(i.e. mdb files). I have a query(qryMakeSumTableNoDeptLevelStatD) which is stored in a variable(stDocName) in a macro as:
But have searched the whole macro and unable to find the query statement which is defined in qryMakeSumTableNoDeptLevelStatD. Also there are no queries defined in Access Database. I have also checked under Navigation Options of Access and found that the query is not hidden as well.
Please let me know the possible solutions.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 12-9-2016 15:07:05 | All posts

Being more specific...!!
I am doing Reverse Engineering of an application where the data is fetched from the Tab files and stored in database(i.e. mdb files). I have a query(qryMakeSumTableNoDeptLevelStatD) which is stored in a variable(stDocName) in a macro as:
But have searched the whole macro and unable to find the query statement which is defined in qryMakeSumTableNoDeptLevelStatD. Also there are no queries defined in Access Database. I have also checked under Navigation Options of Access and found that the query is not hidden as well.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 12-9-2016 15:53:48 | All posts

It's possible to create a query definition in code, execute it and delete it afterwards, leaving no trace except in the list of deleted objects (at least until the DB is next compacted).
You're aware objects can be hidden so that is the only comment I can make without a physical copy of the DB.
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 12-9-2016 14:57:32 | All posts

Being more specific...!!
DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEditBut have searched the whole macro and unable to find the query statement which is defined in qryMakeSumTableNoDeptLevelStatD. Also there are no queries defined in Access Database. I have also checked under Navigation Options of Access and found that the query is not hidden as well.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 12-9-2016 16:14:11 | All posts

It's possible to create a query definition in code, execute it and delete it afterwards, leaving no trace except in the list of deleted objects (at least until the DB is next compacted).
You're aware objects can be hidden so that is the only comment I can make without a physical copy of the DB.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

King

Integral
Post on 12-9-2016 16:28:53 | All posts

@sanket.takle
Code Tags Added
Your posts do not comply with Rule 3 of our Forum RULES. Use code tags around code.
Posting code between
[color=] CODE     /CODE
tags makes your code much easier to read and copy for testing, it also maintains VBA formatting.
Highlight your code and click the # icon at the top of your post window. More information about these and other tags can be found  at http://www.excelbar.com

(I have added them for you today.  Please take a few minutes to read all Forum Rules and comply in the future.)
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Points policy of this forum

Archiver|Mobile|Small dark house|Contact us|Excel Bar

GMT-5, 9-24-2017 21:28 , Processed in 0.274563 second(s), 20 queries .