MobileMobile | Continue

Excel Bar

Excel Bar

Your excel questions will be responsed by our excel experts within 24hrs.Our service is free.

Forgot Pass?
 Register Now
Find
Hot Search: Vlookup Match VBA
View: 302|Reply: 5

Zooming out in a picture

[Copy link]

Topics

Integral

Integral
Post on 12-9-2016 13:48:27 | All posts |Read mode
I'm trying to make a picture quiz using Powerpoint where a part of a celebrity's face is shown and you have to guess who it is.  When giving the answer, I'd like to show the original close up and then zooming out to show the whole picture so that you can see that the actual body part does belong to that person.  Is it possible and if so, how? Thanks

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 12-9-2016 13:54:56 | All posts

Here's a link to Andy Pope's website. Project to magnify selection by mouse. I'll bet you could modify the code to specify the dimensions of your image control and tie that to the full image to be viewed.
There is a download at the bottom of the page, along with code in the article.
http://www.andypope.info/vba/magnifyimage.htm

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Integral
 Author| Post on 12-9-2016 14:53:24 | All posts

Thanks for that but that's more for zooming in, I'm looking to zoom out and my code knowledge wouldn't allow me to modify that to do the opposite, but thanks for trying.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 12-9-2016 15:10:27 | All posts

I haven't worked with PowerPoint in ages ... so if this is not possible just overlook it.
Is it possible to have two images on the slide: first one is partial of celebrity and visible. The second is the full view but invisible. When answering the question correctly (or whatever) make the partial view invisible and the full view visible.
Make sense ?
I know in VBA and VB with an Image.Control you can do that. Have one invisible and show it when necessary.
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 12-9-2016 20:35:41 | All posts

I haven't worked with PowerPoint in ages ... so if this is not possible just overlook it.
Is it possible to have two images on the slide: first one is partial of celebrity and visible. The second is the full view but invisible. When answering the question correctly (or whatever) make the partial view invisible and the full view visible.
Make sense ?
I know in VBA and VB with an Image.Control you can do that. Have one invisible and show it when necessary.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Integral

Forum Legend

Integral
Post on 12-9-2016 20:54:16 | All posts

Thank you for the add rep.
I trust you have a solution ?
I did a little surfing and read that you can use the ANIMATE menu select to cause a pic to disappear, then load another image. HTH
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Points policy of this forum

Archiver|Mobile|Small dark house|Contact us|Excel Bar

GMT-5, 9-24-2017 21:20 , Processed in 0.227616 second(s), 20 queries .